privacy policies and terms of service
How We Use Personal Information
We use your information to process orders you make on our website, for administrative purposes, to improve our services, to customize the advertising and content you see, to contact you, and for internal business purposes. In addition, if you make a purchase, or sign up for our mailing list, we may use your email address or physical address to send you news and information about our company and products that might be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving future communications from us about special offers and new product information, you can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages you receive, or you can change your marketing preferences by contacting us at email@example.com. Even if you opt-out of receiving these messages, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the services we provide, such as when you purchase a product, and we may send you service announcements and administrative messages. We do not offer you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those communications.
We may also use anonymous information, such as information pertaining to web or mobile pages you have viewed, in order to analyze trends, track user's movements, provide a better user experience and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf. For example, when you make a purchase on our website, we use a third party payment processor. Third party service providers may also, among other things, help us to provide services that you request, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries. In addition, we may share your information with certain third party service providers to operate the website and to provide general statistics regarding the use of the website, to analyze and develop our business strategy, to determine how you found out about us, your interests regarding our products and services, and how to improve our website or in creating marketing programs for you and others. For example, we may use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to conduct analysis of the aggregate non-personally identifiable information that we collect.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of THE SMOCKED KIDS, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo a transition in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transition.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions. Occasionally, we may run a promotion such as a sweepstakes, giveaway, or a contest, and you will be given the opportunity to enter by filling out an entry form, or in some cases, when you are placing an order in store, online, or via phone, we may ask you if you wish to be enrolled into contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions. In addition, if you visit EILEEN FISHER's account on a social media website, you may be given the opportunity to enter a contest. If you choose to enroll in contests, sweepstakes, or promotions, your entry information may be shared with third parties for the limited purposes of administering the sweepstakes and selecting a winner(s) and may be used to notify you in connection with the sweepstakes or contest and to verify your identity.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may participate in interest-based (online behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for THE SMOCKED KIDS products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across different websites.
Effective Date: July 18, 2017